Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
That's not true at all. Cars if anything are waaaaaay more reliable than they used to be with way more access to repairs than ever. Even parts availability is so easy these days. Older cars literally broke all the time and usually were done by 100k miles. These days 100k miles is considered nothing...
really do you have access to software updates that are require on these cars??

my first new car i purchase back in 2000 was civic vp it had power locks that was all. In 4yrs I put 100k, only replaced alternator at 85k. I did oil change every 3k miles. After that I drove e83 that had minor issues with transfer case, E90 was solid car no issues except for mirrors dipping all the times. i drove it for 4yrs without issues. F25, F26 had software issues that need 4hr-8hr of reprogramming.
Software updates are not 'required' on most cars as far as I know. I don't really know about the F series cars as with electric steering and suspension and all that jazz they might be.

For the most part most modern cars are easier to maintain with abundance of parts, service manuals, and online guides and forums. In the 70s people had only a physical official service manual and had to call places to find parts...just imagine.

I agree electrical issues might be real issues in long term ownership; time will tell. Someone will buy these cars used after they are older and they will deal with them I'm sure.