View Single Post
      02-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #22
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
No doubt. My point was the numbers are not that impressive considering the 720s is $$$$$$$ and lighter.
Ya I understand and I tend to think that way at times as well. A car that is 300k$ is expected to perform 3x better than a 100k$ car but that's not the case as 100k$ cars are quite damn impressive. It's not like having a Camry then say a gtr for 3 times the price and getting 3 times the car. Once you get to that high level of performance only slight improvements can be made. McLaren uses much higher quality materials everywhere. Tons of carbon and precious metals. Those alone jack the price way up but do save the weight. These cars still have to be road legal off the showroom floor and drive smooth and quiet enough for the rich people who buy them.

I think if you created some system to judge cars from say 1-10 in various categories like drag race, long distance drive, short city driving, auto-x, top speed runs, etc then I believe you would see how large the gap is between a super car and not. This car would rank high in every category and then would stand out.
Appreciate 1