View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #42
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Stop sticks are great but have a very limited range of applications, and aren't always available. A number of coppers have been killed deploying them (hit by the suspect vehicle or a pursuing police car), like I said in my other post, this is going to be looked at long and hard.
A high school acquaintance of mine (also for the department I trained/volunteered for was a part of) was killed deploying stop sticks. The piece of shit that killed him drove into him on purpose in the median of the freeway. I was with one night we deployed sticks in the highway (thankfully at 2 AM) and even with no traffic it was scary as hell.

I am surprised though, I didn’t see them trying to use them in any of the videos. Not saying they didn’t as we obviously haven’t seen the entire pursuit. Also no attempt at a pit maneuver or more robust road blocks etc. Again we haven’t seen the entire pursuit. I’m also guessing coordinating the five (IIRC) different departments that may have different policies/procedures obviously wasn’t easy either.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
Salty Dog3574.50
Sedan_Clan25086.50