Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Stop sticks are great but have a very limited range of applications, and aren't always available. A number of coppers have been killed deploying them (hit by the suspect vehicle or a pursuing police car), like I said in my other post, this is going to be looked at long and hard.
A high school acquaintance of mine (also for the department I trained/volunteered for was a part of) was killed deploying stop sticks. The piece of shit that killed him drove into him on purpose in the median of the freeway. I was with one night we deployed sticks in the highway (thankfully at 2 AM) and even with no traffic it was scary as hell.

I am surprised though, I didn't see them trying to use them in any of the videos. Not saying they didn't as we obviously haven't seen the entire pursuit. Also no attempt at a pit maneuver or more robust road blocks etc. Again we haven't seen the entire pursuit. I'm also guessing coordinating the five (IIRC) different departments that may have different policies/procedures obviously wasn't easy either.
PIT on a dual axle box truck with a typical patrol unit would've been more difficult. Stop Sticks pose the dangers that you speak of, and are most effective when you have some pathway control or have some idea about the direction perpetrators are heading.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3574.50
minn1914034.50