View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #375
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
I don't have the training to answer your question.
Search and you will quickly find those that do have the training questioning the wisdom of what was done.
The Innocent UPS driver held against his will the police were protecting and another innocent man were killed in the gun battle that ensued when police decided to force a gun battle in a crowded intersection.

13 officers who had no clear line of fire opened fire on the UPS truck. No police officers were harmed

I'm just asking if in a better scenario could the UPS not have been disabled given the pursuit was already 20 miles long or something other than what happened.

dont think you need training to answer the question. You need rationale. These morons were shooting prior to the UPS truck getting caught up in the traffic jam (surrounded by more innocent people) so when they got stuck they continued shooting, what did you expect the officers to do? stand there? if your answer is yes, then this conversation should cease here, becuase you're bordering on mental retardation.

That entire situation was horrible, in every regard. I'm saddened and angry, that those two innocent men died. And as bad as it is to say this, i don;t think there was any other way to end this thing. I did think about maybe the cops fishtailing the truck on the 75, but it would've flipped and the UPS man would've still died. Then guess what, it's still the cops fault...

Awful, awful situation. RIP to those two men.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
upstatedoc7555.50