View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #385
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
All of the above! Plus sometimes I just feel bad about giving a ticket, towing a car, etc. More people are let go than there are people who are cited. Tuesday night an elder woman hit an "Insanos" motorcycle club biker, and I felt sorry for her too as me and my partner assisted another unit. She was such a sweet lady; shaken up for sure.
I worked with some coppers that made their mind up before they initiated the traffic stop, I usually spoke to the driver before I decided. I always felt that a warning went as far as a summons. A couple of hundred dollar fine might be the grocery money for a couple of weeks and might punish the kids at home as much as the driver.....and the warning often went a long way to building a positive image of the police. Having said that, there were some folks that got the coupon because they had it coming. But I was always more about arresting criminals than punishing the regular joe who was just trying to get by. i was never a traffic man. We had a saying for those guys.

Last edited by Salty Dog; 12-13-2019 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25022.00
Dpc2u11503.00