View Single Post
      07-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #10
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 m50i, IX 50, Rivian R1S

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
I wonder how do they think to replace ICE cars with this?! Who would pay this over X6 M50i?
I find the back of the X6 m50i pretty inelegant and much prefer my X5 m50i. I also have an IX50 on order and currently just deciding whether to trade in the X5 m50i or my Model Y Performance. So I guess the answer to this is question is…me?

As an X5 m50I owner, I think its a great vehicle but it definitely has its quirks. Find the way the engine/vehicle lunges forward as great when getting on highways and pushing the vehicle but awful when stuck in stop and go traffic. Vehicle never feels completely settled on roads that aren’t completely smooth. I get about 13 mpg. Also so so so much brake dust.

Model Y Performance. Took ownership in February. Interior is what it is. One pedal driving is awesome. Love it. Also basically no brake dust because I’m not using the actual brakes that much. But the suspension is just harsh for this vehicle. Turning radius also doesn’t seem great for a vehicle of this size. No heads up display or blind spot assist sensors on mirrors that seem to small is another issue. Vehicle isn’t as quiet as I had expected especially compared to x5 m50i. For a vehicle that is labeled “performance,” it doesn’t seem to love being pushed at 90mph. X5 m50 at 90mph feels like 70mph.

IX50 / IX m60 seems to be a great marriage of the two vehicles. Suspension being air suspension is better than both based on the test drive i had. Also seemed even quieter than the X5’s interior. Love that it also has rear axle steering like the x5 m50i w/ the dynamic handling package. Has the ambient lighting and cool panoramic roof that are gimmicky but impressive nonetheless. Heads up display and instrument cluster is great. Interior is minimalist which I like. This is going to be a great commuter car and perfect car for the weekends with the family. So who is it for? People who like EV’s. People who want something with a nicer interior than Tesla’s. People who find the starting price of the Model X as just exorbitant even if they can afford it.

Its not the prettiest thing but I find it unique enough. I initially didn’t like the look of the original X7 or latest M3/M4 and I’ve come to really like those designs. I think the IX looks better in person. I think it looks better the EQS and EQE. The Taycan looks better but doesn’t seem as family friendly as it claims to be (rear seating is tiny and hard to get in and out of, actually same with the front seat placement compared to B pillar) and for how I would configure it, I’m spending $45-$50k more than the IX for less functionality. Maybe the Rivian R1S will ultimately be the better EV SUV and I have a preorder for that as well but I also think that’s very much a beta product that will have growing pains for owners (particularly the service side of things).
Appreciate 2
Gfit2710.00
oz555671.00