View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
i had carbon fiber trim fitted by the dealer. Price they charge is far from astronomical. I am very happy to let them deal with it rather than me trying to fiddle around with fragile parts and break something. I would leave it well alone and bring it to your dealer.
Nonsense.

If the Shop Monkeys at BMW can remove and install trim - so can you. They may have more experience doing this but they surely won't take as much care as you will.

I've learned a long time ago, that if I have the proper tools and time, I can be much more certain of a proper repair. The folks who work at the shop are just regular folks, and by and large, most folks just do the minimum crappy work they can get away with (IMHO). Its really very hard to find people who do really good work any more (in any capacity). (Just to be fair, the work I've had done at BMW dealerships has by and large been much better than average though..)

"If you want something done right, do it yourself". Who knows how many broken clips and stripped screws a shop is leaving behind unseen...

A set of trim tools is really cheap $10-12 and its really not that difficult...
Appreciate 1
fbuzila367.00