View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #15
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I agree with all of these quotes above, however, I ultimately agree with this one below more:

As said above, she is a liberal through and through and knows what is at stake. She won't retire if Trump is in office, no matter how difficult it is for her and you know what? I commend her for that. I despise nearly everything she stands for, but I have to give her credit for her resolve and resolute attitude.

Think about it the other way around. Let's assume someone like Corey Booker or Elizabeth Warren wins the next presidential election. Would you expect any of the Justices who are strong constitutionalists to retire if they were about to, or would you expect them to ride it out as best they could in hopes they could make it until that presidential term was over?

I think we all know the answer.
She may not be dead. But it’s looking more and more as though she is incapacitated. And I would hope she could/would recognize that and do the right thing. Hopefully there is enough respect for the court that we don’t accept a situation where her staff writes her decisions and then holds and guides her hand for her to ‘sign’ them. I just hope we aren’t there already.

With her under the impression she’s signing a birthday card for her great grandson. Kind of gets into dangerous territory.