07-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #5
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I am not sure this guy is on track tbh, But also kudos on him admitting they are holding back EVs for selling SUV where they have their greatest profits, "forcing" people into SUV for extreme overprice for what that type of car that is and can do well played fooling the people.

I Have always wondered what is the point is of these SUV's as Clarkson from top gear once said about the BMW X6 what is the point of this car? It can't do off road, it is terrible on the road & it ain't a track car and it wasn't much more practical then the regular estate car. And now we are seeing bunch of X6/X5 m50d and M versions of them rolling on the streets in cities consuming 1,3-1,5 l/km i guess if you like paying so much for fuel then go for it.

But from my viewpoint he also did acknowledge a thing that is true for example in the Scandinavian countries we are moving fast towards BEV fleets but unfortunately if BMW doesn't want to produce fully electric cars with the same type of standard as the famous 3 series with top range, performance and being as good a 3 series is minus the engine ofc and sound but just in driving capabilities but in BEV form.

Then for my part the BMW i3s will probably be my last BMW. Next car will probably be an Audi/Tesla just hope Audi pulls them self together and make an awesome BEV with the size of the Audi RS3 Sedan that car always tempted me but was never a big fan because audis always had this issue with cornering fast and the car not always wanting to listen to you the driver and where it should go when you point it in a certain direction at high speeds.

But we shall see how long it will take before BMW gets punished for this statements coming surprisingly from the Chief Engineer.

Or is OPEC shitting their pants with the EV community growing so large so fast that they are plunging money in to lobbying for ICE vehicles still. (not counting construction equipment, trucks, busses and such) referring to personal transport cars.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0