rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
This next gen of EVs should help wean us from ICE cars.
It took my wife exactly one day to swear off ICE cars forever when she picked up her new Kia Niro EV last month. It has a 250+ mile range, and can comfortably seat 4 extra-large adults.

The problem is that the next generation is here...and BMW doesn't appear to have a next-generation car in the game right now.....
You're right, they don't. In fact, BMW is so far behind that the brand is seriously risking its future beyond the next 10 years. Like that your wife is enjoying her EV.

The CEO should have been canned in late 2017. Instead, the company builds the two stupidest cars it ever could in the X7 and 8 Series. In 5 years, no one will want the X7 and the sales will tank and the 8 is a car that no one asked for nor needs. BMW is starting to look very old school and is risking young buyers.

The new Audi and Merc SUVs are both very plush and futuristic inside, the barely over 200 mile range isn't a big deal. One battery refresh and both will be well ahead of the iX3.

BMW should be in panic mode. Having an exec with the balls to say at an EV event that EVs were overhyped was insubordination. I'm in Atlanta and EVs are literally everywhere and probably nearing 5% or so of the auto market. In 5 years it'll look more like 20% and this is the Deep South. Once the Northeast catches on, race is over.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0