View Single Post
      11-19-2020, 07:49 AM   #667
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
Maybe I got a bad one? I guess it痴 personal taste. The sweet tones described by reviewers leave me baffled. The aftertaste to me is like I smoked a
Cigarette. I知 left with the Overwhelming feeling to go brush my teeth and scrub my tongue lol. Never had this experience before with any scotch and I致e consumed some cheap stuff.

In all fairness. I知 not a super experienced scotch guy. Came up on Bourbons. Went to dewars, then Chivas, then Jonny walker black, Chivas 18 and then Jonny walker blue. Been with blue a while. I Tried the Macallan 15 bc they were out of JW Blue at total wine in Westbury.

I知 going back to Blue next time I stop into liquor store or Saturday. Whatever comes first.

Thanksgiving I値l have my 2 boys over that Should kill a bit of the bottle. I値l just serve it to company until it history.

Looking for a airplane bottle / sample size of Mac 18 and 25 available for purchase. Just curious at this point.
Alright - a few things ...

Chivas and JWB are blended whiskeys... they are not single malts... these are different categories of liquor. By default they should be easier to drink because that's a what a blend is... Bourbons are yet different altogether as they are typically sweeter and the smell is completely different. If that's what you are used to, no single malt may work for you.

As far as my opinion on Johnnie Walker... i'll be nice and refrain from saying anything in the first place... but I will hint to the fact that it is one of the lower end blends out there.

Mac 18 and 25 you will never find a sample size of... those are both far too premium and do not compete with anything mentioned before.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
jmack548.50