Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
It's not necessary to be rude and snarky to others with whom you disagree. If not in sport mode, there appears to be no difference between the models. You have to use launch mode to get the full HP and torque? Is this a bad joke? People buying the M60 want the extra power and torque available at all times, not just in special modes that must be selected every time. Launch mode is essentially a useless party trick, unfortunately, that is the only way to get full HP and torque. If you hold down the pedals for too long in launch mode, the experience shuts down. How useful?
You probably don’t know, but there is a reason why I said what I said to him/her. I’m not going to soak you in all the background. If you are interested, feel free to check my other posts. My argument here is not about the power, but how his 50 is “magically” quicker and more efficient and how he was constantly ignoring the difference between trims, despite various feedbacks, experiences, and third-party data, as if us M60 owners are a bunch of morons. Enough is enough. IMO, 40, 50, and M60 are all excellent vehicles, and each one suits the different demands of different groups. Just don't try to justify one’s own purchase by saying the others are useless. It’s childish.

Getting back to the topic, you don’t need Launch control to get full HP. Launch control only enables more torque. Yes, I agree with you. BMW should make the maximum system output available in every mode. But if every brand is doing this (MB, Porsche, Tesla, etc.), then there must be a reason behind it. Good thing that BMW rarely limits the power and regen regardless of SOC and temperature.
ricerboi836.00
BigHunk269.50
av078956.00