View Single Post
      02-11-2023, 09:57 AM   #20
Louis_BE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
You probably don’t know, but there is a reason why I said what I said to him/her. I’m not going to soak you in all the background. If you are interested, feel free to check my other posts. My argument here is not about the power, but how his 50 is “magically” quicker and more efficient and how he was constantly ignoring the difference between trims, despite various feedbacks, experiences, and third-party data, as if us M60 owners are a bunch of morons. Enough is enough. IMO, 40, 50, and M60 are all excellent vehicles, and each one suits the different demands of different groups. Just don't try to justify one’s own purchase by saying the others are useless. It’s childish.

Getting back to the topic, you don’t need Launch control to get full HP. Launch control only enables more torque. Yes, I agree with you. BMW should make the maximum system output available in every mode. But if every brand is doing this (MB, Porsche, Tesla, etc.), then there must be a reason behind it. Good thing that BMW rarely limits the power and regen regardless of SOC and temperature.
The guy was in sport mode, as was I …
But it was cold and I had a warm and 80% battery … and probably a better reaction time, and of course it was not to insane speed, it was a 70km/h limited road and we got to about 90 km/h before we needed to stop to the next red light …
In summer I guess the M60 would easily pull away if the stretch on public road is long enough, the difference with an M50 is just to small to make a big gap on short stretches, my MXP on the other hand … but there as well, I needed to wait till the battery was on temperature, and I would never challenge a fast car as it could be “dog slow” with a cold battery.
On the consumption side, if you drive both at the same speed and you accelerate in the same manner, the M50 will consume a little bit less, but as soon as you deviate with either the 50 or the 60 you can easily consume more or less than compared to a 50 …
Appreciate 0