View Single Post
      09-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #33
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Well I was one of the first adopters of the i3 and sold my 135is to get one, loved it through and through, it's modern many don't like modern, some will call it ugly because it doesn't look the part of what a "BMW" is in their mind, but that's ok. It's a very smart package and getting in and out of it is very nice vs my TT RS, now that the range is getting up their it would make sense to buy a cheap used 2014 - 2015 for 14k dollars and pay the 5k dollar battery buy back programs and upgrade the batteries. So I'd have full range !

And comparing it to a leafs or bolt is retarded, their econo boxes made of steel and crap materials. The i3 uses premium materials and space age tech compared to those. Plus way better built as well. Car will never rust, aluminum, carbon, thermal plastics.

Now just need the USA to support the program so we can update the old batteries.

Also even though Bmw rated it at 80 miles, I was able to get over 120 miles per charge as long as I drove without the ac on. Now in the fall and spring and some days in the summer that was fine. 80 was the range with ac on and driving in comfort mode.

So they where being realistic with their range projections. Now with a 150 mile range I bit I could stretch that to well over 200 miles. Remember Bmw limits the battery from fully draining and being fully charged to assist with the life span of the batteries, Tesla did not a while ago and not sure what they do now.

So theirs technically 20% or so still Un-utilized on the current Bmw batteries.
Appreciate 0