View Single Post
      09-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #37
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

Nice bump in range. However, looking at the specs, I noticed opting in for the rex model cuts down the usable payload: 627 lb vs 814lb.
Also, looking at the sales data, they move about 6k units a year in NA, which is decent. It is selling more than X4, 6 series, several mini cooper models, and almost same amount as X6. Source:

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...04EN_US/413782

Anyway, I would lease one or get a used one in a heartbeat if I had a place to charge. Interior has a lovely clean fresh design and it's a nice place to be in. Outside still looks futuristic and I like the fact that it's designed totally different from anything else. It's an interesting car, and it drives pretty nice too. I actually like the look a lot better than tesla model 3.

Also, you can say it's kind of an exotic car. It's mostly made out of carbon fiber, has rear engine, RWD layout, and you don't see a lot of them driving around. Few years ago Munro & Associates did a tear down and they have an hour long video about why it was one of the most advanced cars they've seen.

Last edited by XsltAnalyst; 09-28-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0