View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 02:59 AM   #257
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Formula One is the ultimate meritocracy. You build a fast car and combine it with a good driver and you win races. Combine a fast car with a great driver and you have dominance. This isn't the fault of HAM and Mercedes any more than it is the fault of the valedictorian of a class that someone flunked out of school. This is faulty reasoning.

And remember, without HAM, Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC in 2017 and 2018. The prizes were there for the taking with Mercedes behind much of the season.

Why don't you spend time savaging Red Bull, Christian Horner, Helmut Marko, Adrian Newey and Dieter Mateschitz about their lack of vision, horrible performance, and inability to manage drivers? Your time would be better spent trying to IMPROVE their performance rather than tearing those down who are successful.

Edit: The reason for the performance of the Mercedes engine being so extreme compared to the others is that they employed a fundamentally different turbocharger configuration which was radical and non-traditional. Please show me, with proof, that they had a 2-3 year head start.
In the lull that led up to the hybrids Merc had plenty of time to concoct a winning PU together with turbo split at each end of the engine connected by a shaft to SUIT THE HYBRID so what do I need to provide proof of exactly and if I needed to ridicule RB then wouldn't that be true for the other eight teams also?
RB manage their drivers amicably so I don't see your point where is the inability to manage their drivers.Horner is a fair and honest manager whose team are primed for success while at Merc they've already had it MADE with huge step for them since around 2010 adding mods already on shelves to achieve their increase their top speed at will.The facts are there without needing proof.
You enjoy your day now.
Appreciate 2