View Single Post
      07-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #40
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

Floyd is 40 years old, hasn't fought for a long wile, has past his prime, hasn't knocked out anyone since 1999(Ortiz doesn't count, it was a soccer punch), smaller than Connor.
On the other hand, he has outstanding defense, outstanding counterattack reflexes, doesn't get tired as he knows how to conserve his energy for 12 rounds.
12 Rounds, that's what he does in most of his fights, so he has a huge advantage in running for full 12 rounds without getting tired.
Now, Connor is much younger, bigger, stronger, much hungrier fighter than Floyd.
Very confident, really thinks he can take Floyd out inside 4 rounds.
He has predicted things many times before and backed it up.
IMO, he is a very underrated boxer, if you watch his mma fights, he prefers stand up. trading punches on the feet.
Remember 1st round one punch KO of Aldo that he predicted? It was a brilliant execution of his game plan against the best pound for pound mma fighter at that time.
They will fight at 154 pounds. Connor will show up for the fight(not weigh-in) at 175 pounds at least. Floyd has never been more than 157 in his life.
that's almost 20 pounds difference.
I wish they were fighting with 4 ounce gloves, which would give Connor more of a chance to hurt Floyd if he landed a clean punch.
I disagree with those who say Connor has no chance. He does, but I wouldn't bet on it Belgium
Did anyone think that Manny pacman would lose to a school teacher?

Last edited by Datka; 07-21-2017 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0