View Single Post
      01-02-2022, 01:44 AM   #16
Ghilou
Rep
Drives: 330xd e91

Prices are ridiculous for GPU. My mobo fried right when i started to get more time playing so i figured i was due for a rig update.

I could get a decent cpu upgrade which would bring next to nothing to the table (even though i run a 8yo i5 cpu) but upgrading my GPU would set me back 2000€ and I'm not even getting anything super high end.

Instead of doing a system upgrade and keeping my 1080ti, which would have been a costy business for no performance improvement, i went cloud gaming.

No cloud gaming solution is a clear winner right now. I went for Shadow, because it could play all the games i wanted to play, albeit with poorer performances (1080 gpu and old cpu). Also shadow has the best streaming experience. No perceptible latency (don't try to play competitive fps though) and perfect image quality.

Geforce now was a good choice, but no support for >1080 gaming make it sucks on my screen. I felt there was a latency in inputs but it might warrant further testing. Most importantly you are very limited in what you can play, so I'll go gforce now when there's a clear AAA i want to play with best visual quality. CP77 was supposed to be it, but i had other stuff to do when it released so now it's lost its appeal.

Stadia was supposed to be the second coming of christ if you listen to its supporters, but even under ideal conditions (very good bandwidth/latency, playing with the stadia controller) i never could have a gaming session that was not laggy or blurry or both. And the business model is lame.

And then there's xbox cloud or whatever its called these days. Its very promising because the idea of streaming the xbox catalog from a single subscription is nice. But its still lacking technically, probably because its actual xboxes in a data center streaming games. I'm using my game pass subscription to play octopath traveller and its much much better being installed in the Shadow VM than streamed directly from xbox cloud.
Appreciate 0