View Single Post
      03-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #25
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Short of "mechanical" medicine (surgery, partially things like casts and splints) what is it that truly heals? The singularly amazing power of the human body. Antibiotics kill off a certain percentage of the invaders, but ultimately the body cleans up the mess and restores the homeostasis.

So, should we harness the power of the body, via the mind if necessary, to cure? That may be EXACTLY what "alternative" medicine does, for a lot less, and with fewer side effects.

I have never used acupuncture. I have used homeopathics. But I would not imagine that my mind is strong enough to replace my damaged islet cells and cure my diabetes, so I do still use "medicine" I actually prefer using terms like "complimentary" for those you refer to as "alternative" because I do recognize the power of mind over matter.
You have to be the best candidate for placebos!

I agree the power of the human mind and design of the human body is extraordinary especially with something such as depression which is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Best medicine for depression is healthy lifestyle changes, full cleanses, and exercise and clean eating!

The gym is like a free drug store, dopamine, serotonin, epinephrine all on tap at your disposal and they all contribute to a greater way of life and sense of self.

I get high everyday, on weight at a time!

Cancer is a whole seperate evil though! We ALL are born with the cells in our body, BUT exposures and sheer fate are the biggest factor to whether the devil rears its ugly face or not!

Last edited by Performancedieselpros; 03-14-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0