Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive MHT G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monks View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. The "BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents" adds more black to the radiator grille frame, but as you say, it does not completely black out the grille; there is still an inner line of grey/silver on each side of the kidney grille. Can't even swap it out for a black 4 series grille - they are the same size, but a different construction.

On the left is the i4 M50 and on the right M440i Gran Coupe with the same "BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents" selected on both.
Thanks for confirming the unfortunate decision at BMW Design. For my eyes, the elimination of the bright ring helps reduce the beaver-tooth effect significantly. It's not a show-stopper, of course, and I'm sure a talented body shop painter or vinyl wrapper can resolve this or maybe an aftermarket part will arrive. I think there are new electronics in that grille assembly, so not sure how feasible that last alternative will be.
Agree. Almost worth saving the money on the "BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents" if you have to wrap/paint it.
Appreciate 0