02-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #354
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Thanks brother, hitting 400+ pretty consistently now which I am extremely pleased with. I’m not chasing any numbers but just seeing where upping volume mixed with heavy working sets will take me.

I just got some new knee sleeves (Titan Yellow Jackets) those should give me a nice little boost! Haaa
I need to get some sleeves as a precautionary means. I've never owned a pair.

Years ago I was squatting 365 for reps when this older big guy asked me if I ever wrapped. I didn't know what he was talking about.

He then proceeded to wrap my knees, and I could hardly hobble to the rack they were so tight. My first rep with wraps was crazy.....felt like I had a compressed spring under my butt that let go when I went up.

Those were back in the days when I was ego lifting, so I took full advantage of them. Now I realize it was a crutch like a bench shirt, but I didn't care.

But I do need to get some sleeves. And for those reading this that haven't heard of them, sleeves don't give you any leverage or advantage....just extra insurance of keeping your knee "bits" in place as you squat.

Cheap insurance!
Appreciate 0