First Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Yup. Plus I feel German manufacturers will be way advance and ahead of Tesla in all aspects.
Look at the specs of the EVs the Germans have presented by now. All those cars have 20-30% lower efficiency per mile compared to similarly sized Teslas. This means they need bigger batteries, adding thousands in costs per vehicle, and they have to spend more time charging on long drives. So, at least at this moment, the facts suggest that Tesla is significantly ahead of everyone else in EV tech. Whether the billions in future R&D spending will help VW and everyone else catch up to Tesla still remains to be seen.

Without a doubt Tesla has a great drivetrain, their vehicles drive like on rails. Tech is also nice.

They are lacking in the fit&finish and attention to details. Like for example cabin insulation, body gaps, paint imperfections.

I know many say Tesla car drives so well that you can accept other flaws. I am not willing to accept that for a car at $75.000. Maybe I am too picky but I expect more at that price than a fast acceleration.
Appreciate 1