View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 05:56 PM   #17
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

I can only agree with the other commentators. I am primarily fascinated by how confidently the car behaves on the road in every situation. Even at 250 km/h on the Autobahn, like on rails.

I bought the car mainly because of the design and its technical uniqueness. I am an efficiency fan, brute power is no art if you don't have to look at efficiency. Personally, I don't find this particularly exciting anymore. I think the future belongs to intelligent technologies, those that generate a lot of output from as little input as possible.

Recently, I was very surprised when I used a new online tool from one of our leading technology institutes which allows to compare the carbon footprint of cars.In addition to consumption, the tool also takes, manufacturing, recycling, as well as production and transport of the drive energies (electricity, gasoline, hydrogen, etc.) into account.
Among others I compared the i8 and the Porsche Taycan 4S.
Over a lifetime of 200,000km (124,000mi), the i8 beats the Taycan, even there is mostly clean electrical energy in our country.

So this car seems to be far from being outdated. It's still an ingenious creation and concept that some people just don't understand or care of. But that doesn't matter. I have one and that’s what counts. The looks the car still gets are a nice addition.
Attached Images

Last edited by BigT; 02-24-2021 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
ericsi123.50