Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Saw it up close at a BMW UDE event. It's not as bad in person but still very unconventional. It does not have any classic BMW design traits and that's on purpose.

Definitely looks expensive and different. Much to our chagrin I think BMW will sell a ton of them.
Yes. Appeals to a different type of buyer. My wife for instance was more than happy to put down a deposit for it. It'll be her first BMW and hoping to get it around June. The current lineup has solid choices for everyone.
Actually, it appeals to this buyer who has bought nothing but BMWs for the past 15 years.

I saw a red one and sat in it at a dealer recently. I thought the front looked great and the interior is gorgeous. iDrive 8 is magnificent and in back it's got limo foot room. When you open the doors, you see CFRP, a la i8.

The BMW guy who drove it to Boston from NJ said it was the best driving BMW he's driven.

So far, I've test driven the Mach-E, the ID.4, a Kona EV and an Audi e-tron Sportback. Somehow all of them come up short in fit and finish and technology. Looks are subjective but if you don't insist on seeing a grill in the iX and instead see it for what it is — a sensor panel — I think you'll see it differently.

I'm trying hard to find an EV that costs less than $100K and can be had in 2021 (in case Congress limits the tax rebate somehow).

But even though I haven't driven the iX — only sat in in one — I'm pretty sure nothing else will do.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 3
FCX52368.50
volodp196.50