05-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #31
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Forgot to mention in my first post that while there are still a few cars I'm looking forward to, the list is getting smaller. I know the direction the car industry is heading is inevitable, but I genuinely feel like we've reached the ceiling of cars that I love years ago. Apart from the G87, I literally cannot think of something else I'd want to add. Everything else will just be electric appliances to get me from A to B, which kind of puts me at ease.

It's actually been nice to see links for reviews and press releases, and think to myself "I actually don't care" --> Pretty much all Mclarens these days for example
Same thing for me. And after many years of shopping for something mildly interesting, I've determined it's not me, but the cars currently on sale. They suck and they're boring.

So I ended up with a 2020 WRX STI. It's arguably the oldest new car you can buy today, and it's a blast. Like how cars "used to be" made.

Between the R8 and the STI, I honestly think I'm set until the electric domination. Going to hold onto these and repair them for as long as I can. Otherwise, there's not a single car I'm interested in at a price I'm willing to spend the money on.