Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I would probably lose interest in my cars quickly if:

1) I didn't modify them to make them my own

2) Didn't maintain them myself

3) I concerned myself with having the latest, greatest, fastest, etc.

IMO, the people that tend to go through cars quickly are the ones that keep them stock and don't know how to work on them much less do the most basic of modifications and really don't know much about cars or how to drive one hard.

They also tend to blow money on other stuff and are more concerned about keeping up with others, having the latest and greatest, the projection of high financial status (yet spend all their money, "Big hat, no cattle"), etc. They're never satisfied with what they have and are generally materialistic. That's what I've personally seen over the decades with friends, family, and hanging out with "car people".
I see a lot of truth in that...

I was going to say that I don't modify my cars nearly as much as I used to given how my F30 is basically stock except for a strut bar, rear hitch, and soon to be window tint. But, then I thought about BimmerCode and all the various customization you can do there...so yeah, it's still there, just different.

Working on it keeps the interest. I swear I'm messing with the thing somehow almost every day.

I will say that each time I get a new car, aside from being a four door sedan, it's vastly different than the one before. Despite having been enamored with that car and believing I would stick with the same make and model, I end up with something much different next time. And, I feel the same way about it...until my next car. I never lose interest in the cars I own and love them up to the day I trade them in, but always end up being drawn to something much different in the process. My last car, for example, was a Nissan Maxima.

Right there now with the F30, so we'll see. I really enjoy my car and would like to stick with BMW, but my pattern suggests that may or may not happen. I always end up loving whatever car I pick though, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Appreciate 0