Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Ultimate driving machine was a slogan penned by BMWUSA.

Sheer driving pleasure is the slogan BMW is known elsewhere in the world.
6 one way, half dozen the other. If it has no manual transmission option, then it isn't "sheer driving pleasure" to me, nor many other enthusiasts.

I understand that if the market isn't there to support the sales, then it makes sense from a P&L standpoint to ditch the manual. If done, however, they are really just becoming another Lexus.

BMW should just admit that they no longer build sports cars or sports sedans in any but the most rare special models - say they are now a "luxury brand" and move on.

Maybe the should start pitching MINI as the "drivers car"? My MINI is far more engaging and fun to drive than any BMW I've owned, and I can still get it with a manual. It doesn't weigh two tons, either.
Preaching to the proverbial choir...

You wanna talk MINIs? I have owned 5 of them.

My 2004 and 2005 R53 Cooper S 6MT Supercharged we're both far more fun, visceral and engaging than your third gen 2016 Cooper S. I have owned 2 Clubman S R55s of Which I still own my 2013 model.

The third gen has superior quality and reliability but baby the most fun BMW MINIs were those first gen R50/R53 made between 2001-2006.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00