View Single Post
      10-08-2021, 04:21 AM   #29
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
It has been known from the influenza studies that masks do not protect the wearer from infection at all. The studies showed the transmission rates were identical between people who wore masks and those who did not. Masks can slow the spread when worn by people infected with the virus but won't stop the spread. The numbers vary, but a 40 to 60 percent reduction is usually what the studies show.

My personal opinion is that this virus isn't spread by surface contact like influenza. My opinion is that we must breathe enough virus to overwhelm our immune system. Anything that can strengthen your immune system would make t more difficult to acquire an infection. That is a huge topic that can get very lengthy. I don't have time to address everything so I'll just touch a couple things that are important.

Sleep is probably the most important factor for our immune system. If I had to rate everything of importance from 1 to 100, melatonin would probably be number 1. The number two on that list would be what we eat. What I eat may not be the best thing for you to eat because we are all different. Lowering inflammation is important, eating alkaline foods over acidic foods because of its affect on our microbiome, and replenishing lost nutrients and minerals. I've read a ton of research on this but it's just too big to tackle on an open question like this.

Basically, to not get COVID, breathe outside air. When I eat out, I sit outside as much as possible. When I have to eat inside, I sit as close to the door as possible. Air exchange in a room is the most important factor in keeping transmission rates down. Carbon dioxide levels inside increase as the day progresses. When I go to get a haircut, I go early in the day as possible. Schedule inside events as early in the day as possible and the chances of transmission decrease. One study from China showed that people that wore glasses had a dramatically decreased chance of being hospitalized from COVID. The media never tells you about our eyes being a route of transmission but they are. Wearing glasses inside should help decrease transmission.
If you keep throwing actual science around here like you are doing I imagine there are some people that are going to get pretty upset with you. Fortunately I’ve blocked many of those people so I won’t be able to read their angry responses to you.
Appreciate 4