View Single Post
      02-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #34
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
What's your favorite bicycle manufacturer?
Need a bike and wanted ideas. Road, mountain don't care.

Mine is AustroDaimler, sadly no longer made.
Get what fits you, set a price point/budget and go from there. There are plenty of really sexy looking bikes out there, but many are low quality, sexed up with a nice paint job and lower end components. Fit is a huge, huge deal and you should pay close attention to it, 15 or 20 miles into a ride it will become an issue and a shitty fit will make you hate the bike, eventually. I live in a cycling town and have access to a great fitter with the latest technology, and a team physician for a premier Tour team. I have been riding for 30+ years and if I added up all the cash wasted on poor fitting bikes, I could have an even larger stable of bikes that I know have. You will be pleasantly surprised should you look at bikes manufactured in the USA, Moots is arguably the best titanium bike manufacturer in the world today, I own the Vamoots RSL and it was built to specs provided to Moots by my fitter, the ride and quality are unbelievably good. Don't cheap out on wheels either, there are several USA wheel manufacturers with outstanding world class products - Zipp and Enve, a quality wheel set makes all of the difference. If you are thinking Mountain, then I can heartily recommend Turner, another first class USA builder - his bikes are bullet proof and will allow you to ride far above your skill level. Last piece of advice, take your time and work with a reputable local bike builder/assembler in your area, build a relationship and your builder will be devoted to keeping your bike performing @ 100% att a reasonable price. PS: I have ride and own everything discussed here.
Appreciate 0