View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #116
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I agree. LbJ would've had his head chopped off if he drived to the basket back in the day. Eveeyone was big and strong, and had no fear. Men played the game then. Nobody moved out of the way, and licked their chops when a player came in the hole. Today it's all about the 3 pointer. For those who never watched the NBA back when it was physical, referees allowed players to play, almost every team had a center, and 3-4 all Stars on a team, you missed a great era.
I'm not a fan of James because I think is selfish all about me style is bad for the game and bad for whatever team he's on, but I think he would have been a great player in any era. The guy is an amazing athlete. He would have figured out a away to make an impact. I just don't think he should be considered GOAT. That goes to Jordan or Abdul-Jabbar. If you take championship rings off the table and just talk about skill and impact in their generation I think Magic, Kobe, and Jerry West are as great as James. Their stats may not be quite as good, but I'm a bias Laker fan
Appreciate 0