02-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #35
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Again, there is a difference in running wide VS running into.

The HAM-MAS mess was about being in a bad place mentally. It was his worst season in his entire career.

I'm talking about deliberate actions. Wasn't ROS sanctioned by Mercedes multiple times?
We could probably debate all day whether he ran wide or purposefully pushed him out there on this particular instance. But to be clear, you can run wide on purpose to gain an advantage (you don't necessarily have to make contact). I agree with you that Hamilton, to my recollection, never ran into another competitor. But I do think he purposely ran wide in a few races to disadvantage Rosberg. And thats not to say I think Rosberg was a saint.

I think its telling that in Canada 2016, he was the only one to run wide and not provide enough space for his competitor. Everyone in the big gaggle behind didnt have any issues with that. Couple that with the fact he was playing catchup to Rosberg early in the championship, it doesnt seem that farfetched. But that's just my opinion, we'll never know the truth without input from both drivers.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
M5Rick59561.00