03-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #55
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikhael619 View Post
I'm kinda in between on this one. I'm a service writer at a benz dealer and its much the same thing key battery is not covered by the maintenance plan sometimes the techs just throw one in without asking and its your job to sell it. Its only 3$ at my dealer and I ask them even if I already put it in. If they say yes I leave the charge on there if they decline I still leave the battery on and comp it. Its much less work and builds your relationship with the customers ultimately you want them to come back and ask for you and its the litle things that count. Also as a customer you really want to get on your service writers good side. For certain clients of mine I will go out of my way to help them as much as I can they are the ones that control the pricing for all your repairs and can help you when you really need it. For example if your car is out of warranty and needs a major repair you didn't plan on i try and see if I can get it repaired under good will or I often give discounts without people asking. We get paid off how much profit we make so that key battery really means nothing but the fact that many of my clients will reschedule their appointment so they can work with me means all the difference.
If you are going to leave the battery in no matter what why wouldn't you then just comp it for everyone? While some may be willing to pay the small fee I'm sure they would appreciate it being on the house much more.
Appreciate 0