03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #61
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Yes, lots of time on my hands now that I'm working from home! Obviously, you don't know what consent means either. OP never consented to having his battery replaced! So I guess if you're going to the OR for an injection we can do a knee replacement since you've already consented to going back to the OR?! Your arguments make no sense but you be you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosi View Post
So what do you do?

Since you love silly medical analogies, your logic is similar to you having a pacemaker implanted only to wake up after the procedure and the doctor asking if you’d like a battery with it as well, since you didn’t specifically consent to it “Oh no problem sir, the battery is $5 but first you need to heal and then we’ll need to cut in you all over again”

All this fuss over a battery.
Bad analogy because, unlike an oil change and key fob battery, which are 2 different things, a battery-less pacemaker doesn't work, you can't have one without the other.

A better medical analogy would be while you were under anesthesia for pacemaker implant they, without your consent, decided to give you hair implants as well because they decided it's needed - and then charged you for it.

I agree with the majority that (at least here in North America), you should not be charged for a service without prior consent, regardless of cost.
Appreciate 0