View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #42
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
So another update here. The car received the headliner, after that it moved to the glass and lock shop. They installed all the locks and moved to work on the glass. All the glass came from BMW Classic and are brand new. All of them fit perfectly except the windshield. The problem was it didn’t have the correct curvature to fit so the A pillar sides would go in. We had some talks with BMW, they sent a team of people to inspect the situation including a parts expert, logistics and other department representatives. We have ordered 2 windshields before so we had a spare, it was meant to be used on our 2002 Alpina. We took the chassis dimensions to check for compliance with the factory measurements. At the day of the inspection I brought the Alpina to the shop as well so we cross checked both windshields. Both 2 of the new ones wouldn’t fit on both cars. The original glass on the Alpina was taken out and fitted to the orange 2002 and it fit in perfectly. Upon this notes and lots of photographs taken. After 2 weeks we received the go ahead for exchange of parts, new parts took 2 weeks to arrive as well so overall a month. The new windshields were test fitted at Germany and were confirmed fitments. After this all the parts including the door seals etc were fitted and vehicle is ready to go back to the upholstery shop for the rest of the interior fitment however due to COVID-19 situation it couldn’t and it’s currently waiting at the glass shop. The current plan of action is to have the car run for the first time at the mechanics shop to see everything is satisfactory then move on to upholstery. Both of these shops are currently open but I don’t go out since March 11 so the car can’t move without me. We shall see how things go from here...

Last edited by omera60; 04-09-2020 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
overcoil3073.50
chassis6527.00