Thread: New (to me) i8!
View Single Post
      01-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
FrannyB
Rep
Drives: 2015 Ionic Silver i8

New (to me) i8!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little late to the party, but we just picked up a used i8 and totally loving it! I've been lurking on this forum for a while. It has been a tremendous help! Thanks!

The car is a 2015 in Ionic silver with the frosted blue accents. The interior is a dark gray leather with the faintest blue stitching. At first, I really wanted a white with the light interior, but I think I really like this color combo. The Silver is subtle but still allows for the black and blue to stand out. Gotta have the "W" wheels

The car has 16K miles and still has the remainder of the warranty left (10 mo or so). Full service before we bought it including all maintenance, but also a new turbo and return line (saw the thread on that), new plugs, coolant tank replacement, programming, and fuel tank pressure tank switch replacement (saw the thread on that too).

This thing is awesome! We are a classic car household, so this thing is like a spaceship! The weather here in CO is a bit crappy so more driving in a bit, but it is super fun.

I am a bit confused on the different trim levels of the 2015 cars... I'll do some more reading. This car has the black brake calipers and the anthracite headliner, but no leather on the engine cover. Black seat belts, but full leather seats/dash/door cards. The dealership (McLaren) said it was the top trim (Pure Impulse), and I can't prove otherwise, but not sure... Paid mid 70s. Whatever... Car is super cool!

Anyhoo, just wanted to say Hi!

Franny
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
fbuzila367.00
meko178.50