Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thankfully you're not forced to carry if you don't desire to. To each their own.
Very true, what is or isn't in the house. I won't tell anyone, but you'll meet our 85lb pit bull first.

I have no problems with people having weapons, it's more the mindset. There are a lot of people that are very scared about any and everything, I don't think that's a good mindset.

We know how ridiculously easy it to get a CCL, and now many states allow open carry. We also know how much training LEO's do and how often they miss, I think it's reasonable to want people to have more training before being allowed to carry.

I'll leave it at that, since I don't want the thread to get Zucc'd
I agree with you. Being worried about every second of the day and refusing to enjoy your life is a very unhealthy mindset indeed, but I also believe you (..speaking generally) are your first line of defense. Not law enforcement. Not anybody else. If you can't protect yourself, the chances are not statistically in your favor should you encounter somebody intent on harming you.

It is not "ridiculously easy" to obtain a CCW everywhere. Surely not in places like California and New York.

As far as training, the onus is on the individual, LEO or otherwise (…and unless the LEO is a "gun person", they aren't shooting much beyond the required qualification(s), hence why you see examples of poor shooters). Some arbitrary pre-CCW training guideline (…beyond what is already required; the requirement likely varies from state to state) is a great talking point, but in the practical it is useless. Shooting is a perishable skill. If you train, you will remain efficient. If you do not, well……….
Appreciate 2
540iSUP704.00