///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I was just messing with you man. I'm well versed in how fucked up America is in dealing with mental illness. Basically we don't deal with it. It's jail or the streets. If the family of the individual has money they may end up somewhere helpful but for the most part it's option 1 or 2. Sad. My brother in law has mental illness and I saw first hand how fucked up the "system" is.
I'm sorry about your brother in law, it's very stressful for families dealing with mental issues.

Yeah, the problem was because of abuse of patients and funding misuse back when there was federal mental health care. So they basically just closed up all the mental centers and everyone got dumped onto the street.

Like you said, some go to jail and the others get left in the street. Most of my encounters with homeless are some guy screaming incoherently or dancing around in their underwear in the middle of the street. There's many vets on the streets with mental problems from war - people who helped fight for this country that we've turned our backs to. The system is pretty broken.
Thanks. Ya it was tough for my wife and In laws. They had a difficult time getting help initially. My bro in law developed schizophrenia at 16y/o. The so called "professionals" initial opinions were that he was a spoiled kid. Idiots. It took years and a crime/jail for help to come. It's sad. My wife and her family are awesome people and they didn't deserve that Hell. Anyway that was a few years back and things are much better now. The system fails these people and it really pisses me off. This is poli-sci so I can get political here. We as a country give and give and give. Not just to illegal immigrants but to people throughout the world yet we do not help our own citizens. I can't put into words how terrible and dumb that is. Mind boggling.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Z K1418.50
Law4865.00
minn196581.00