View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
symple84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' SMB M3CS

Dealer Experience Advice

I normally don’t post on forums about these things, but sometimes we need advice. I purchased my mom a new Jetta at the beginning of the year from a local dealership. Things quickly went south. First, I was asking to sign that I would finance with VW financial which was fine because that was my plan. I asked the sales person if I would get the promotional rate (1.9%) to which he said as long as I qualified - which I did. But, here’s the problem. I get into finance and told that because I got a discount on the car, which I did, I wouldn’t qualify for the 1.9% but rather the standard APR. Obviously I felt that this was a “bait and switch” tactic. I could be wrong. Next, issue was when I got home, I realized I was charged a Destination Fee twice. Once in the MSRP of the vehicle, and secondly, as an individual line item on the deal sheet. I didn’t notice it was already in the MSRP (my fault). I’ve asked the dealer to refund this over charge only to be told they would only do half. Am I being unreasonable and what are my legal options at this point? Again, just seeking advice.
Appreciate 0