View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 07:12 AM   #54
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
I love how people keep recommending cars that are wildly out of budget, lol. I've seen the RS3 brought up a couple of times, so I went and relooked at it. Decent examples are all over $50K. So roughly 15-20 grand over budget, lol. Also relooked at 981 Cayman's (2014+) and same for those. While there are 1 or 2 available in my price point from skeptical dealers, all the others are in the mid $40K range.

I think right now, the top contenders are, in descending order:

1. 2017-2018 Jag F-Type Coupe
2. 2009-2011 Porsche Cayman (man these are rare, like 5 of them in the whole country)
3. 2014-2015 Maserati GranTurismo
4. 2019-2020 Alfa Giulia Ti (unsure on this as I am about to buy a Giulia Quad)

Wild card on this - Wife saw the BMW i8 last night and loved the look of that car. Pricing is out of reach, though, at around mid 50's for our requirements. If she wants it that bad, she will have to pull the balance of the purchase price from her personal account and I doubt she will want to do that.

Lovely car, though. Wonder how it would do as a daily?

Note: In case you are wondering about the pricing details - we will use this car to replace the 440 cabrio. Figure we can get about mid 30's for that car, hence the price cap - as this is supposed to be a near net zero swap. Basically, she feels the 440 is a boring car and wants something more exciting to drive to work each day.