View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 12:15 AM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I have a 20 yo system and it still works great. Good thing is if I upgrade I just have to swap out the receiver but can keep the speakers and cable. I would look for the latest HDMI 8k support and Bluetooth audio. Dolby Atmos support. Maybe look at a budget of $400?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I dunno especially if you're looking with Dolby Atmos. I would say budget of at least $600+
I heard a Dolby Atmos system at a friend's place who happens to be an owner of a audio company. Even with who this person is and the assumption there was great care in speaker selection, placement, and calibration, I wasn't impressed. The theaters I have gone to with Dolby Atmos setups were just too loud and distorted for me to even notice any of the Atmos audio enhancements. I just don't understand why many people (including many audio professionals) have this thing that louder is better. It's not.

Maybe I'll change my mind with a proper system set up for Dolby Atmos. Until I hear such a system, my feelings of Atmos is meh.
Appreciate 0