08-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #34
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
100% should be done with... and with Nissan's recent performance this would not surprise me at all.

I recall when an Infiniti G was THE CAR to have... the first RWD SUV they made was also great... now it's a rebadged group of Nissans...and when I say rebadged I mean same horrible interior / infotainment built on FWD platforms... a joke at best...

Come to think of it... how does Acura still exist?

Come to further think of it... Where do you think Lexus would be without the RX, NX, UX and ES? Basically, the upsell Toyota crowd?

I think the Japanese car industry died as a frontrunner somwhere around 10 years ago and simply stopped developing ahead instead decided on reproducing the same tired designs over and over... Only Toyota can get away with that simply because I believe their crowd is extremely simple minded when it comes to cars...(even their sole perfomance car is... a BMW). I think Mazda is the most innovative Japanese car brand and unfortunately it doesn't get the praise it deserves.

It took the Japanese 10 years to build the LFA and they've been making the GTR 10 years straight now... think about that vs what's been happening in Germany.
I'll give credit to Acura where it's due. The MDX/RDX have consistently been strong sellers despite being sort of mediocre, but with this new RDX they launched recently Acura is showing they mean business. The upcoming TLX follows the same formula, and I'm sure the next MDX will be a much better product as well.

Lexus did well with the new LS and LC, but they are wasted efforts at the end of the day. They let the previous LS linger on for like 12 years; by the time the new one hit the market the segment had contracted considerably. The LC is stellar but also enters are basically dead segment.

My daily is a Lexus IS and I have no plans to replace it with another Lexus. This second refresh on the 3-IS looks great from outside but it still has that same boy racer looking interior. The RC is an over-styled boat and the LC is too expensive for the under 60 crowd.
Appreciate 0