02-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #367
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
Got a video? And how old are you? 425 lb is shit ton of weight. Do you do any stretches, mobility exercises, and what is your overall approach for doing squats. What do you weigh, and how long have you been lifting.

I can put most people to shame on squat form, and depth but I have never even come close to 400 lbs for my actual 1 RM (not JM way of calculating your 1 RM). I think weight of a person, depth (quarter squats are obviously easier than below parallel), and age plays an important role (and obviously if one is on sauce or not) but no matter how hard I tried I was never actually able to do even 370 lb.
I can't speak for FPA............but have you ever had your form looked at by a professional? Just curious as I train with one everyday. He can take any lift I do and isolate what part of it is holding me back just by watching.

Squats come easy to me. But as an example... My biggest crutch was bench. And it was from the bottom of the lift up for the first 6 inches or so.

So he had me in a rack with the pins set where I could hardly get under the bar....and a second set of pins about 6 inches above that. Then for weeks my bench was training that range of motion and trying to push through the rack.

It really helped break up what was my sticking point.
Appreciate 0