12-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #44
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
This. How do you think Google Maps knows where there are slow downs on the highways? Because it's monitoring the speed of the devices, thereby monitoring the speed of the vehicle and it's location.

Jon Stossel did a report years ago that even when you turn off your GPS, it's not really turned off. I work for a large tech company and can also confirm it listens and makes recommendations on products and such.

So my point is, it cracks me up to see people complain about privacy while using smartphones and/or the Internet.
Oh, for sure. However, my reasoning is that why add even more invasive stuff into your world? An analogy being my arm's already broken, should I say 'meh' and bang it around some more...or try to take steps not make it worse? Or I already have one gun pointed at me, are ppl saying since that they don't mind more being pointed as well? I don't get that kinda logic. Anyway, too bad I'm so inept at IT, if I was a superhacker or something I'd make sure to debug all my electronic stuff.

Re GPS, do ppl really think they gave you that freebie outta the goodness of their hearts? LOL. They had this way before Google Maps, Waze, etc became popular. Also, the touchscreens requiring heat because supposedly they are more accurate by the cynic in me thinks it's just another tracking tool.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0