View Single Post
      08-20-2020, 06:51 AM   #9
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Our home / roof is 22 years old. Trying to wait as long as possible to avoid doing it again or having an old roof when we sell down the road as we plan to remain here long-term. But I’ve seen quite a few new roofs going on over the past few years in the neighborhood so I know it’s within the next 5 years. (Houses here were not all built at the same time but not decades apart either.) i assume you also have a tile roof, and these things are very expensive. My neighbor told me he is working with an independent adjuster who told him he could get a free roof due to previous storm damage but sounds like a scam to me.
The key is to not report small single damage that isn't structural and isn't leaking. When I was still a claim rep you had to have X number of hits per square (100 sq ft), although I don't remember that number.

Then when a huge storm comes through and really does some damage, then you make the claim.

There is no proof for the insurance that the cumulative damage didn't all occur in the one storm.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410991.00