12-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #1962
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
is it me or are you guys noticing this in your gym this time of the year to handle all the new gym members joining. just an observation while at the gym this afternoon. I've notice there's at least 5 new trainers in my gym. all 5 of them look like they've never lifted a dumbbell ever! I mean, not an ounce of muscle anywhere to be seen? how can you be a trainer if you don't look somewhat fit or even show any evidence of muscle? these guys look like dorks fresh out of training school or whatever classes they need to take to become a trainer. one of the trainers walked up to me and asked if I would like to hire him as a personal trainer. and I really wanted to say what I was feeling but I kept it to myself. maybe it's just me and I try not to judge but I almost wanted to say "dude, I have more muscle than you...what makes you think i'm going to pay you money to train what I already know?

please tell me what you guys think because I was just confused
As i mentioned earlier in the thread, my buddy is the manager of a local gym's personal training dept and the stories i hear sometimes are nuts.

The company he works for has been sued for discrimination for not hiring someone that is out of shape for a personal trainer position. Another person that applied for the same position was legally blind. Both applicants were adamant that they would be an excellent trainer despite having no experience, not being in shape and knowing nothing about health and fitness or the industry. I can keep going.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00