12-05-2018, 01:52 PM   #1972
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The gym that I have just recently started, offers free pizza on the first Monday of every month as a partnership type deal with a pizza chain located directly next door. The girlfriend and I always laugh watching people walk straight out of the gym and walking next door and picking up a few pies. Not surprisingly, these are the people that only use the tread mills with no incline, at 2 mph for 15 minutes and are on their phone the entire time.

This Monday is the first time I have been to said gym during pizza night; the place was packed with these types of individuals. The absolute busiest I have ever seen the place. We managed to find two ellipticals that weren't being used and started our cardio; by the time we were finished the place was empty. I thought it was weird and said something to the guy at the front desk as we were leaving. He started laughing and said, "Yeah, they stop bringing us pizzas at 8:00 and the "heavies" clear out about 10 minutes later."
A place promoting health and fitness giving out free pies...... smh....

A Planet Fitness near me did this shit and to this day I still hate the idea. In your case I wouldn't even go to the gym on that day haha. Don't get me wrong I'm not a health nut and I do enjoy pizza on a regular basis(maybe a few times a month), but to me this is like a tire shop giving out free nails. Maybe it's all just a ploy though, more pizza, more weight gain, leads to potentially more gym time??
Appreciate 0