06-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #101
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Yep. No matter where he is going, I doubt he will take less than 20 a year. I've been arguing this with my friends for a minute. He's a business man when it's all said and done. He's not going to play for peanuts.
your absolutely wrong on this. Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Dwade. None of these guys are even ALLOWED to make $20 million next year. Under the CBA/NBA agreement a players max contract thats been in the NBA between 7-9 years can be up to 30% of the salary cap. The 2011 Salary Cap will be roughly $54 million dollars.(give or take a million). Which means the max these guys can be around 16.2 or so million a year. Now with all these guys like bosh and lebron and what not wanting to team up, this would leave teams like the bulls $800k to get a bench. Which means if they wanna win a championship or team up. All these guys will have to take 1 or 2 million a year less than MAX. Thats gonna be easier to do in Miami over anywhere else because Illinois charges a 3% income tax which is almost half million a year for these guys and New York and NJ have an income tax as well. This is all under the 2007-2011 collective bargaining agreement.

Most of these guys are 7-8 yr pros. So what your gonna see is. Lebron and these guys will sign a 4-5 year max contract which they can have a 3rd year player option which means after the third yr of their contract they can opt out and resign again if they want at a MAX level of a Veteran 10+ player for 35% of the cap which can be over 20 million a year.

Oh and NBA has a soft cap which has fkn tons of loops holes to go over the salary cap. but theres penalties n shit. If u want more info lemme know. hope that helps clear some stuff up for you.

P.S. - watch out for the Nets to makes some moves. Great owner, coach, management. Great young PG, and Center. Good pick in the draft and enough money for almost 2 max contracts. Plus theyre moving to NYC brooklyn in 2 yrs in a brand new arena