Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1977 View Post
The new corvette revealed today hands down the best looking & performing 60k Car. 60..freaking..K...only
Corvettes have always been cheap (or let’s be more friendly and say “bargain”). They’re getting better as actual cars, yes. But it will take a while until they’re taken truly seriously. Over here in Europe, they’re pimp mobiles. They say “I wanted a sports car but couldn’t afford anything else”. Geez - there was a time when you could register one in Germany as a truck due to the engine size, and save on taxes. Really? That reputation may no longer be deserved. But perception is reality. And this is not the perception I’m after.

Plus, the world is going electric, like it or not. There will be niches - like “pure combustion sports cars” - but that’s more for Morgans. McLaren has gone hybrid (P1), Porsche has (918) and is going fully electric (Taycan), etc. The Americans are very actively running into the risk of missing the technological boat once again. And then they wonder why we Europeans don’t buy more of their cars and call it “very unfair” on Twitter.
Appreciate 0