Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
@Sedan_Clan
So you got down ~5% BF... what were the circumstances around that and what type of prep did you do? How long did you remain there?

Circumstances as in.....my approach? The process was extremely interesting because I learned what my body needs to grow, maintain and cut, and which higher carb foods bloat me and which foods don't; not all carbs are created equal. I had to play with my calories a bit and really pay close attention to my body (..and I now understand why people pay for coaches); reducing consumption in 50 calorie increments until I found the right 'number'. My food prep revolved around the same foods that I listed, but each meal was basically 3 oz. of meat, 2 oz. of veggies and 2 oz. of yams in 6 pre-packed plastic containers. I performed 45 minutes of fasted cardio twice a day, 5 days a week. On my off days I ate more or less the same, but added one cheat meal (..usually a Chipotle carne asada/chicken burrito with no beans or rice, and only cheese and salsa or a 6" mini pepperoni pizza from a local pizza spot). I also kept gummy bears in my diet for the sugars. I stayed at 5% for maybe a week or so, then started eating 'normally' again to put on a bit more muscle mass before the next cut. I need to be 184-ish on stage to have a shot. Even at my worst I don't ever exceed single digit body fat numbers. I typically hover around 7-8% when I'm eating bad..........bad meaning: Taco Bell, Del Taco, In & Out, etc....you name it, I'm eating it (..within reason. I don't go TOO overboard).
Appreciate 0